Congratulations to our new House Captains and Vice Captains!
Mead - Bobbie & Tom
Shackleton - Harry & James
Kennedy - Josie & Alice
Southerton - Jacob & Fergus
Each child across the school belongs to one of four houses. Each house is named after a famous Hampshire cricketer, chosen because the village of Hambledon is known as the cradle of English cricket.
Through the House system we aim to encourage competition, endurance and a determination to reach personal goals and beat personal bests.
House points will be awarded for the following things:
- Sporting events in and out of school
- Link with learning hero stickers – house point given each time they receive a sticker.
- Reading school reading books at home and parents signing that their child has read to them in their diary at least three times a week.
- Completion of WOW task /homework every week
- Each class teacher has discretion to award house points for specific things unique to their class e.g. spelling tests results, Keywords certificates, exceptional effort etc.
On 'Sports Day' each child will be competing for their ‘School House’ to win the ‘Sports Shield’.
At the end of every half term all the house points will be added up and the winning house will receive the ‘House Trophy’ for half a term.
Every week the progress of the points awarded will be updated on the school website.