Our House Captains and Vice Captains
Mead - Molly and Charlie
Shackleton - Sofia and Tom
Kennedy - Ava-Rose, Madeleine and Izzy
Southerton - Lila and Bella
Each child across the school belongs to one of four houses. Each house is named after a famous Hampshire cricketer, chosen because the village of Hambledon is known as the cradle of English cricket.
Through the House system we aim to encourage competition, endurance and a determination to reach personal goals and beat personal bests.
House points will be awarded for the following things:
- Sporting events in and out of school
- Link with learning value stickers – house point given each time they receive a sticker.
- Reading school reading books at home and parents signing that their child has read to them in their diary at least three times a week.
- Completion of homework every week
- Each class teacher has discretion to award house points for specific things unique to their class e.g. spelling tests results, Keywords certificates, exceptional effort etc.
On 'Sports Day' each child will be competing for their ‘School House’ to win the ‘Sports Shield’.
At the end of every term all the house points will be added up and the winning house will receive the ‘House Trophy’ for the term and a non-school uniform day to come dressed in their house colours.
Every few weeks the progress of the points awarded will be updated and shared with the children.